Bernard has always been a staunch advocate for the rights of injured persons.
Well-known for his philanthropy, he provides executive and financial support
to many non-profit organizations across Ontario.
He frequently organizes events for persons with brain and spinal cord injuries.
Bernard has 54 years of experience in Personal Injury litigation and is a Lifetime Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Within the firm, Bernard is personally involved in most of the serious cases as well as taking an advisory position on most other cases, by providing insight and ensuring each client receives maximum compensation structured according to the specific needs of the client.
He has lectured extensively to various medical, legal, insurance and rehabilitation groups throughout North America. He is also widely published, including co-editing Butterworths' Personal Injury Practice Manual.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Specialist in Civil Litigation, Law Society of Upper Canada
Honours and Awards of Distinction
- 2015, Inductee, CFPDP Disabled Hall of Fame Award
- 2014, King Clancy Humanitarian Award
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Rating l 5.0 out of 5.0
- 2011, Alumni Gold Key Service Award, Osgoode Hall Law School
- 2007, Honoured at the Personal Injury Bar Dinner Celebration, Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- 1976, Queen’s Counsel Appointment
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- American Association for Justice
- Med-Legal Society of Toronto
Pro Bono Activities
- Lifetime Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Director, Spinal Cord Injury Ontario
- Director & Counsel, Canadian Brain Injury Coalition
- Director & Counsel, Ontario Brain Injury Association
- Co-Editing Butterworths' Personal Injury Practice Manual