Joe Colangelo personally brings over 30 years of experience in the field of health law and medical malpractice claims to the Gluckstein team. He has advocated for both Plaintiffs and Defendants and as such he brings a unique and valuable perspective to handling these cases. He has a keen interest in obstetrical malpractice cases.
As a recognized leader, mentor and teacher in the legal profession, Joe frequently gives talks to law students, medical students and the community in general on the topic of health law. He also lends his talents to the pro bono Health Law Advocacy Project at the Faculty of Law at the University of Toronto and at Osgoode Hall Law School. This project allows law students to develop an understanding of the field of health law while providing assistance to members of the public who would not be able to afford a lawyer independently to present their cases before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board.
Joe was a partner at McCarthy Tetrault and presently maintains a practice as a sole practitioner. He is a past president of the Medical Legal Society of Toronto and was honoured with the Medical Legal Society of Toronto award in 2010. Joe is a graduate of the University of Toronto's Faculty of Law.
Joe acts as counsel to Gluckstein Personal Injury Lawyers in all of our medical malpractice claims.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Health Law
- Medical Malpractice Claims
- Obstetrical Malpractice
- Ontario, 1978
- University of Toronto, Faculty of Law, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Honours and Awards
- Honoured with the Medical Legal Society of Toronto Award, 2010 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- McCarthy Tetrault, Partner
Pro Bono Activities
- Pro bono Health Law Advocacy Project at the Faculty of Law at the University of Toronto
- Pro bono Health Law Advocacy Project at the Faculty of Law at the Osgoode Hall Law School
- Past President of the Medical Legal Society of Toronto