Sandev was called to the bar of Ontario in 2001 and is an experienced litigation lawyer in the areas of Personal Injury, as well as disability insurance and products liability litigation, while also having addressed a wide range of civil and commercial litigation matters. He has appeared as counsel before the Superior Court of Justice, Ontario Court of Appeal, Financial Services Commission of Ontario and the Tax Court of Canada.
Sandev is actively involved in other community activities, such as leading the "Helmets on Kids" project in Peel since 2007 which provides free bicycle helmets to children in need.
While attending Osgoode Hall Law School, Sandev was also a Research Assistant to Professor D. Paul Emond in 1998, and helped to develop the Professional Development Program's Negotiation Skills Workshop.
- 2000, Law Society of Upper Canada, Bar Admissions Course
- 2010, Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT), Ontario College of Teachers
- 1999, Osgoode Hall Law School, J.D.
- 1999, Osgoode Hall Law School, Intensive Trial Advocacy Workshop
- 1998, University of Toronto, Certificate in Dispute Resolution
- 1996, Ontario Teacher's Certificate, Ontario College of Teachers
- 1996, York University, Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
- 1996, York University, Bachelor of Education
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Disability Insurance
- Products Liability Litigation
- Civil and Commercial Litigation Matters
Certified Legal Specialties
- 2001, Barrister & Solicitor, Law Society of Upper Canada
- 1998, Certificate in Dispute Resolution, University of Toronto
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Advocates' Society (TAS)
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA), Board of Directors
- The Medico-Legal Society of Toronto (MLST)
Pro Bono Activities
- OTLA Board of Directors, 2015-2016 term
- Past-President, Brain Injury Association of Peel & Halton (BIAPH), 2010-2013
- Chair, Peel Helmets on Kids Project, 2007 - Present
- Director, Brain Injury Association of Peel & Halton (BIAPH), 2007-2009
- 1998, Osgoode Law School, Research Assistant to Professor D. Paul Emond,. He developed the Professional Development Program's Negotiation Skills Workshop.
- Effective Examinations for Discovery, Law Society of Upper Canada, Plaintiff's Personal Injury Law 2010, Toronto, September 28, 2010
- Workshop Leader: The Due Diligence Defence, Toronto Japanese Association of Commerce & Industry: Directors' & Officers' Liability, Mississauga, November 10, 2009
- LTD: Key Cases and Developments, OTLA: Long Term Disability Conference, Burlington, September 28, 2007
- Preparing the Client for Examination for Discovery, OTLA: 2007 Spring Conference, Toronto, May 25, 2007
- Workshop Leader: "A Strategic Guide for Litigators and Medical Experts", The Canadian Institute: 8th Annual Litigating Insurance Claims, Toronto, November 6, 2006
- LTD Update: What's New Since 2003?, OTLA: Winning the Bad Faith Case V, Toronto, April 7, 2006
- Individual or Class Action?, The Litigator - Journal of the OTLA, Summer, 2005
- Loss of Home Maintenance Capacity Claims, The Litigator - Journal of the OTLA, Winter, 2005
- Examination of Expert Witnesses at Trial, The Litigator - Journal of the OTLA, Fall, 2003