Starting December 1, 2010:There is simply no excuse for drinking and driving, just as there is no excuse for distracted driving. For statistics, safety tips and advice, visit the Ministry of Transportation and learn about provincial initiatives including RIDE, MADD and DRIVE SOBER. Gluckstein Personal Injury Lawyers LLP is a Toronto based personal injury law firm specializing in car accidents.
- Drivers caught with a blood alcohol level (BAC) level of 0.08
- Or those who fail a breathalyzer test will have their vehicles impounded on the spot
- Vehicles will not be returned for 1 full week
- This applies if you lend your car to someone who is caught driving impaired
- You will lose your car for 7 days and pay the cost of towing and impounding