The survivor of a catastrophic brain injury and the survivor of a spinal cord injury come together to face a different challenge - a race of a lifetime - The Targa Newfoundland.
Long before his injury, Brian Donato had a dream to drive the Targa. With the love and support of his family and friends, his devastating injury did not end his dream. A physiotherapist who worked with both Rick and Brian proposed that this unique pair, who individually have overcome so much, might now realize and fulfill Brian's Targa dream together. Rick Bye will coach Brian Donato for the upcoming Targa in September 2014. Please join Gluckstein Personal Injury Lawyers in supporting both the effort and the event and wishing the pair the best of luck in the coming race.
- Twice Canadian endurance racing champion and a front-running Porsche Cup driver
- Porsche's Press Car Management (Manage Porsche's Press Fleet in Eastern Canada) - Since 1995
- President of Rick Bye Performance Driving Experience, Performance Driving Coach
- Survivor of a catastrophic brain injury in a MVA January/1998 - Crash Test by Chris Bye
- Advocate and Champion for Children and Adults with Disabilities - Make A Wish Foundation, Excellence Magazine - Driving Blind, Lorraine Sommerfeld
- Carrier of the Rick Hansen Medal 25th Anniversary Relay on December 6, 2011
- An accident at his home in April of 2010 left the former ski instructor paralyzed from the waist down
- Director of Sports at Hockley Valley Resort
- Member of the Canadian Ski Instructor Alliance and is a certified examiner
- Brian and his loving wife Marla have 2 children beautiful daughters, Maella & Michaela
Targa Newfoundland is the first and only event of its kind to be held in North America. At 10 years young, every aspect of the high end automotive adventure just keeps getting better. for more information on this 2200 kilometre course - week long adventure, please click the following link http://www.targanewfoundland.com/
Photo's: Brian Donato, Dianne Henderson and Rick Bye at The Ugly Tie Dinner 2013 in support of the SCI Hamilton. The image of the tie is what Dianne created for Brian, as Brian would not enter into the "Ugly Tie Contest". Brian said that the tie was the most beautiful tie that he had ever received.
L I N K S : Photo Album Highlights