24 Nov The 2022 Indigenous Scholarship Program
The Indigenous Scholarship Program is open for applications. The deadline for applications is April 15, 2022, with the winner of the $1,000 scholarship being contacted by June 15, 2022.
Indigenous Scholarship: The Goal
Gluckstein Lawyers strongly believes in working within our community to achieve greater, more equitable access for all to education and opportunity.
This scholarship aims to provide support to Indigenous students intending to pursue post-secondary education (college or university).
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
This scholarship is open to all Indigenous students, 21 years of age or younger, residing on the various reserves in Ontario. Candidates for this scholarship must hold Native Canadian Status in accordance with the federal laws of Canada and be presently enrolled full time in a secondary school program, with the intention to begin post-secondary school (college or university) the following academic year.
Further requirements of the Indigenous Scholarship
- Full-time registration and attendance in a secondary school program in 2021/2022.
- Native Canadian Status in accordance with the federal laws of Canada.
- Proof of age (candidates must be 21 years of age or younger).
- Copy of current academic transcripts and one year before the application date.
- A detailed listing of extra-curricular and community activities engaged in the year of and/or one year before the application date.
- Preparation of an essay describing the academic future the student wishes to engage in and why the student believes they should be considered for this scholarship; and
- A written reference letter from a teacher, guidance counsellor or principal of the secondary school the applicant currently attends.
Contact Gluckstein Lawyers
595 Bay Street, Suite 301, P.O. Box 53
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C2