10 Jan The 2019 Indigenous Scholarship Program
The Indigenous Scholarship Program is once again open for applications. The deadline for applications is March 31st, 2019, with the winner of the $1,000 scholarship being contacted on May 1st, 2019.
Gluckstein Lawyers strongly believes in working in our community to reach greater accessibility for everyone to education and opportunity. This scholarship aims to provide support to Indigenous students who are intending to pursue post-secondary education (college or university).
This scholarship is open to all Indigenous students residing on the various reserves in Ontario who are presently enrolled full time in a secondary school program. Candidates for this scholarship must hold Native Canadian Status and be a secondary school student intending to begin post-secondary schools (college/university) the following academic year.
Further requirements of the scholarship include:
- Full-time registration and attendance in a secondary school program in 2018/2019;
- Native Canadian Status in accordance with the federal laws of Canada;
- Proof of age (candidates must be 21 years of age or younger);
- Copy of current academic transcripts and one year prior to application date;
- A detailed listing of extra-curricular and community activities engaged in the year of and/or one year prior to the application date;
- Preparation of an essay to describe the academic future which the student wishes to engage and why the student believes he/she should be considered for this scholarship; and
- A written reference letter from a teacher/guidance counsellor or principal of the secondary school at which he/she attends.
To apply, address a cover letter to Barb Andrews and mail all requirements to our Gluckstein Lawyers Toronto Address or send an email to Elianna Hoffmitz at [email protected] .
595 Bay Street, Suite 301, P.O. Box 53
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C2