Caring for Children with Neurodiversities
Having a child diagnosed with a disability or a child who has sustained a life-altering injury can be complex and challenging for many parents and families. Their visions of the future suddenly change, and they need to adapt to their new reality.
This conference aims to touch upon the different advocacy and support programs that may help provide the best care and quality of life possible for a child or youth with neurodiversities. It will also assist parents and caregivers by providing them with the information and knowledge to successfully advocate health care professionals, medical staff, lawyers, educators, and the government.
Location: A Virtual Pediatric Conference
Date: November 25, 2021
Conference Time: 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Live Q&A Panel: 3:00 - 3:30 PM
Cost: Registration is FREE
Who should attend?
You should attend this virtual conference if you are a child or youth with neurodiversities, a parent or caregiver of a child or youth with neurodiversities, clinicians, healthcare workers, rehabilitation specialists, educators, or government agencies related to pediatric populations.
What's included in your registration?
With your free registration, you will access the Pediatric Conference webinar on November 25, 2021, a video recording post-event and a copy of our “Caring For Children with Special Needs” Resource Guide. Post-conference, join the LIVE Q & A Panel, meet the presenters, and ask your questions.
Children and youth with neurodiversitiies require many services and interventions to improve their functioning, independence and long-term outcomes, such as support services, funding and advocacy programs.
- 9:30 a.m.: Opening Remarks | Brenda Agnew
- 9:35 a.m.: From Surviving to Thriving: Building Resilience | Fabiana Bacchini
- 10:00 a.m.: The Power of Recreation and Sport in the Disability Community | Jeff Tiessen
- 10:35 a.m.: Learning to Float: Our Complex Relationships with Grief | Rachel Martens
- 10:55 a.m.: Advocacy Strategies: Lessons Learned | Jan Marin & Brenda Agnew
- 11:30 a.m.: Special Needs Financial Planning | Geoff Zaldin
- 12:50 p.m.: How to Use School Meetings as an Effective Advocacy Tool | Nancy LaJoie
- 1:20 p.m.: Community and Peer Support: Stronger Together | Sara Pot
- 2:00 p.m.: Life Beyond Trauma: PTSD and Complex Care | Donna Thompson
- 2:25 p.m.: Premature Birth & Difficult Diagnoses | Dr. Pradeep Merchant
- 2:55 p.m.: Closing Remarks of Conference | Gabriel Lessard
Live Q&A panel networking experience
We will be hosting a special live virtual Q & A and networking session from 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM. Register today, and you will get access to that event where you can meet the presenters and get answers to your questions.