David graduated with Honours from Montreal’s McGill University in 1978. He next received his Juris Doctorate degree, cum laude, from Southwestern University School of Law in Los Angeles. In 1982 he was admitted by the Supreme Court of California to practice as an Attorney and Counsellor-at-Law in the courts of California. In 1985, David was admitted by the Law Society of Ontario as a Barrister, Solicitor and Notary Public.
His litigation practice now extends over 35 years, encompassing serious and complex personal injury and disability claims, and wrongful death claims. David has achieved outstanding results against some of the country’s largest corporations, including railways.
- McGill University, Honours, Montreal, 1978
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.D. Cum Laude, Los Angeles, 1982
Awards & Recognition.
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, Distinguished Service Award, 2004
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, Dean Edgell Award, 2008
- Martindale-Hubbell rated “Distinguished”
- Acknowledged in Best Lawyers in Canada, Since 2017
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA), Member
- Chair, Editorial Board, Journal of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, 2003 – Present
- The Law Society of Ontario, Member
- The Advocates’ Society, Member
- Toronto Lawyers Association, Member
- Guest Speaker (Insurance litigation):
- The Advocates’ Society
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Osgoode Hall Law School, Professional Development
- Federated Press, Disability Claim Management Program
- CFRB Radio’s “Law Talk”
Blog & News.
Congratulations to our nine Gluckstein Lawyers who have been selected for The Best Lawyers® in Canada 2023! We are excited to announce the addition of Jan Marin, Simona Jellinek, Erin Ellis ...Read More
For many people, “seeing is believing.” But if you’re looking at a person who has an invisible disability, what you’re seeing can often be deceiving. And, when a person with an invisible or hidden dis...Read More
Written By: David Lackman, Senior Counsel & Lawyer Loss at some level follows any personal injury. It could be the loss of physical or mental abilities, the loss of income during a rehabilita...Read More
The Best Lawyers® in Canada 2022The Best Lawyers® in Canada 2022 nominees are selected and recognized based on peer reviews. It is the opinion and participation of leading lawyers within the same geog...Read More
Written By: David Lackman, Personal Injury Lawyer“Before the dawn of the Internet age, people often communicated by writing personal letters to each other. It could be said that such letters serv...Read More
Podcasts & Videos.