Jan’s practice focuses on professional negligence matters with a particular interest in medical malpractice and sexual assault litigation.
Jan is a current member of the Board of Directors of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA). She is involved in their Interventions Committee, Litigator Editorial Board, Moot Organization Committee and the Practice Direction Committee. She is an active writer and contributor to the Litigator Magazine, OTLA Blog and Medical Malpractice Newsletter. She has acted as the chair of various OTLA sections, including the Medical Malpractice, New Lawyers and Women's sections.
Jan also volunteers her time with Pro-Bono Ontario. She spends a full day each quarter on the "Hotline" answering legal questions presented by low-income Ontarians. She also volunteers annually as a team coach for the Ontario Justice Education Network, bringing mooting into high schools across the province. Jan is a member of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Premature Babies Foundation, bringing her legal expertise to an organization dedicated to helping parents, clinicians and educators who work with premature infants.
Jan is a passionate and dedicated advocate for her clients and their families. Jan is a passionate advocate for her clients and their families. When not practicing law, Jan enjoys travelling and spending time with her husband and two children.
- University of Western Ontario, Faculty of Law, J.D., 2009
- Huron University College at the University of Western Ontario, B.A., 2005
Awards & Recognition.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada, 2022
- Lexpert Ranked- “Lawyer to Watch”, 2022
- Birth Injury Lawyers’ Alliance, Member
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA), Member & Board Director
- Medical Malpractice Section, OTLA, Former Co-chair
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- University of Toronto’s Health Law Advocacy Program, Mentor
- New Lawyers Division, OTLA, Former Co-Chair
- Women’s Caucus, OTLA, Former Co-Chair
- Volunteer with Pro-Bono Law Ontario
- Canadian Premature Babies Foundation, Director
Blog & News.
Informed consent means that patients are entitled to understand treatment options, risks and benefits so that they can make informed and voluntary decisions. Canadian law firmly recognizes a person’s ...Read More
Canadian Lawyer Magazine's Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers in Canada 2021 is Open! Voting ends on June 25, 2021.We are proud to announce three lawyers from our firm have been nominated in the category...Read More
The Best Lawyers® in Canada 2022The Best Lawyers® in Canada 2022 nominees are selected and recognized based on peer reviews. It is the opinion and participation of leading lawyers within the same geog...Read More
Podcasts & Videos.