Brenda is the proud mother of two boys, Chase and Maclain. Her son, Maclain, has severe Cerebral Palsy and profound hearing loss as a result of a condition known as Kernicterus, a brain injury that results from untreated jaundice. As a former Gluckstein client herself, Brenda acts as our Client Liaison to support and advise our clients and their families throughout their case.
She tirelessly advocates for better systems and programs for children and individuals with cerebral palsy and other childhood onset disabilities and is passionate about accessibility and inclusion. Brenda has been appointed to the Board of Directors for Easter Seals Ontario, is a school board trustee for the Halton Catholic District School Board and is an active member for volunteer organizations such as CP-Net, CHILD-BRIGHT Citizen Engagement Committee, and the Burlington Accessibility Advisory Committee among others.
- University of Western Ontario, Honours Bachelor of Arts
- Seneca College, Post Graduate Diploma, Human Resources Management
- Community Council for the American Academy of Cerebral Palsy
- CP-Net patient and family advisor
- CHILD-BRIGHT Citizen Engagement Committee
- The Burlington Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Family Ambassador Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
- Family Advisor for the PONDA Network
- Board of Directors Easter Seals Ontario
- HCDSB Special Education Advisory Committee-Chair
Blog & News.
The moment you become a parent, you begin to appreciate that life as you have known it will never be the same. Nevertheless, it often takes time to realize just how much change is about to come. This ...Read More
I was given a stark reminder last week about just how much more complicated everyday life and situations can become when you are living with a person who has a disability. My experience is obviously s...Read More
As the mother of a premature baby, I learned during our time in the NICU about some of the complications that can occur with infants born before 36 weeks. Those complications are amplified for babies ...Read More
Guides & Papers.
Podcasts & Videos.