Bernard has always been a staunch advocate for the rights of injured persons. He provides executive and financial support to many non-profit organizations across Ontario, well-known for philanthropy. He frequently organizes events for persons with brain and spinal cord injuries.
Bernard has been practicing Personal Injury litigation since 1962 and is a Lifetime Member of the Law Society of Ontario.
Within the firm, Bernard is personally involved in most serious cases and takes an advisory position on most other cases by providing insight and ensuring each client receives maximum compensation structured according to the client's specific needs.
He has lectured extensively to various medical, legal, insurance and rehabilitation groups throughout North America. He is also widely published, including co-editing LexisNexis' Personal Injury Practice Manual.
Awards & Recognition.
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 1962
- Certified Specialist in Civil Litigation, Law Society of Ontario
- Dr. Robert Jackson Award for Celebrating Excellence in Leadership and Dedication to those with Disabilities, 2018
- CFPDP Disabled Hall of Fame Award, Inductee, 2015
- King Clancy Humanitarian Award, 2014
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Rating l 5.0 out of 5.0
- Alumni Gold Key Service Award, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2011
- Honoured at the Personal Injury Bar Dinner Celebration, Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, 2007
- Queen's Counsel Appointment, 1976
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Advocates' Society
- American Association for Justice
- Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
- The Law Society of Ontario, Lifetime Member
- ParaSport Ontario, Director
- Spinal Cord Injury Ontario, Former Director
- Canadian Brain Injury Coalition, Former Director & Counsel
- Ontario Brain Injury Association, Former Director & Counsel
- Pro Bono Activities
Blog & News.
April 12, 1962 was a memorable day for Bernard Gluckstein, Q.C. It was then that he was officially called to the Ontario Bar and became a practicing lawyer. From that date forward, he would go o...Read More
A toast to my Dad, Bernard Gluckstein, on his 80th birthday -- it's easy to talk about Bernie. His interests and hobbies range from law to photography to golf and exercise guru; lover of wine, food, ...Read More
Podcasts & Videos.