Bernard has always been a staunch advocate for the rights of injured persons. He provides executive and financial support to many non-profit organizations across Ontario, well-known for philanthropy. He frequently organizes events for persons with brain and spinal cord injuries.
Bernard has been practicing Personal Injury litigation since 1962 and is a Lifetime Member of the Law Society of Ontario.
Within the firm, Bernard is personally involved in most serious cases and takes an advisory position on most other cases by providing insight and ensuring each client receives maximum compensation structured according to the client's specific needs.
He has lectured extensively to various medical, legal, insurance and rehabilitation groups throughout North America. He is also widely published, including co-editing LexisNexis' Personal Injury Practice Manual.
Awards & Recognition.
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 1962
- Certified Specialist in Civil Litigation, Law Society of Ontario
- Dr. Robert Jackson Award for Celebrating Excellence in Leadership and Dedication to those with Disabilities, 2018
- CFPDP Disabled Hall of Fame Award, Inductee, 2015
- King Clancy Humanitarian Award, 2014
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Rating l 5.0 out of 5.0
- Alumni Gold Key Service Award, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2011
- Honoured at the Personal Injury Bar Dinner Celebration, Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, 2007
- King's Counsel Appointment, 1976
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Advocates' Society
- American Association for Justice
- Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
- The Law Society of Ontario, Lifetime Member
- ParaSport Ontario, Director
- Spinal Cord Injury Ontario, Former Director
- Canadian Brain Injury Coalition, Former Director & Counsel
- Ontario Brain Injury Association, Former Director & Counsel
- Pro Bono Activities
Blog & News.
Congratulations to our nine Gluckstein Lawyers who have been selected for The Best Lawyers® in Canada 2023! We are excited to announce the addition of Jan Marin, Simona Jellinek, Erin Ellis ...Read More
As the world slowly reopens after multiple lockdowns caused by the coronavirus pandemic, Gluckstein Lawyers will continue to focus on its long-running commitment to finding the best way to serve clien...Read More
The Best Lawyers® in Canada 2022The Best Lawyers® in Canada 2022 nominees are selected and recognized based on peer reviews. It is the opinion and participation of leading lawyers within the same geog...Read More
Podcasts & Videos.