What Happens if I Get Into a Cross-Border Motor Vehicle Accident?

Your insurance coverage extends to the U.S. Under the terms of your valid Ontario automobile insurance policy, you have the same protection if you get into an a cross border accident in Niagara Falls, N.Y., as you have if that collision had occurred in Niagara Falls, Ont.

If you get into an accident with an at-fault, underinsured driver in Ontario, you are entitled to make a claim and bring a lawsuit against your insurance provider under the OAP-1 and OPCF-44 provisions discussed above. The same thing applies if that accident occurs in the United States.