WELLNESS 2015: Compassion Fatigue Symposium Recap
Gluckstein Lawyers presented WELLNESS 2015, the 10th Annual Compassion Fatigue Symposium on Tuesday, October 27, 2015. Our Compassion Fatigue Symposiums aim to educate on personal-care strategies and provide solutions to reduce the negative consequences of working in high stress and trauma environments. We realize how important this event is and are honoured to provide a platform for professional development for helping professionals and caregivers.
The strategies that were introduced at this year's event were educate, create, translate and invigorate. Our Guest Presenters covered each topic incredibly;
- EDUCATE... with Dr. Kyle Killian, Ph. D., we discussed the most recent research and information on compassion resilience
- CREATE... with Cher Curshen, the Founder of Bigheart Arts Therapy Studio at the lead, we explored creative ways to express ourselves and together created a quilt.
- TRANSLATE... with Valerie Spironello, a professional Wellness Coach, who showed us how to laugh through her personal story of choosing wellness, and received raving evaluations.
- INVIGORATE... with Sylvie Dagenais-Douville, Certified Laughter Yoga Instructor and Laughter Coach, who reinforced the power of laughter in our lives. Together we chanted, "I'm amazing, you are amazing, and we are amazing!"
Comments and Evaluations
We would like to thank everyone who attended this special event. Your comments of thanks are greatly appreciated, some of which are offered here:
- "An exciting and educational day"
- "Every topic that was presented was amazing. It changes all aspects in my life as a stressful nurse"
- "Excellent variety of speakers. Different paces of presentation, each presenter building off something said by the other speakers. Practical suggestions to implement in professional/personal life. Another excellent day from Gluckstein Personal Injury Lawyers. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"
- "To the organizers, please don't stop this good deed and act because it really helps us to re-energize, renew, and de-stress".
- "Wonderful to spend a day focusing on ourselves. Great tips for self-care".
- "Very grateful for the opportunity to attend the Compassion Fatigue Event. Very well balanced. Excellent Job!"
- "Thank you - such a luxury to have time away to reflect, think and learn!"
- "It was great time for me and my colleagues to recharge our energy and laughter's. We will continue doing what we are doing best for helping others to regain their abilities to take care of themselves."
Subscribe to our Newsletter