2021 Lead By Example Scholarship
What words come to mind when you think of a role model? For us, ‘it’s guidance, advice, and inspiration. Being a role model comes with a great deal of responsibility and requires people to recognize how their actions and words can affect others. As a personal injury law firm, Nicholson Gluckstein Lawyers is a leader in our community and we understand the impact of being a role model. Most of us have had a role model at some point or another, but have you ever considered yourself a role model?
Being inspired by all the different role models in our community, we are happy to announce our Lead By Example Scholarship! This scholarship was created to encourage students to explore how their actions can influence those around them or their community. We are asking students to reflect on times that they were a role model to someone and delve into the positive impacts you made on their life, and perhaps any negative experiences you had. What growth came from these experiences, and how are they working to make a positive impact on those around you?
The scholarship winner will be chosen based on the criteria outlined below and awarded $1,000 to go towards their higher education. The deadline to apply was September 30, 2021.
- This scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student, or graduate student who is a legal resident in North America and enrolled in a two to a five-year post-secondary institution for the Spring 2022 semester.
- Employees of Nicholson Gluckstein, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, or spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 750-1,000 word essay response to the prompt: Are you or have you ever been someone’s role model? What did you learn from those experiences? How can you work to make sure you are leaving a positive impact on those looking up to you?
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The Nicholson Gluckstein scholarship committee will select the 2021 Lead By Example scholarship recipient during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application deadline and instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must have emailed their complete application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to email@example.com by September 30, 2021. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Subscribe to our Newsletter