Compassion Fatigue: In Times of Crisis. Our Favourite Reading List
Written By: Brenda Agnew, Client Liaison Caring Community
The impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic are devastating and far-reaching, not only in our community but all across Canada. At Gluckstein Lawyers, we are always trying to do our best to be a part of a community of caring.As a result of the uncertainty of how long the COVID-19 protocols will remain in place, as many of you know, we have had to make some difficult decisions with one of them being the cancellation of our Annual Compassion Fatigue Conference. This Gluckstein signature event is all about giving back to the incredible individuals who work tirelessly every day to care for others and aims to educate and create awareness for healthcare providers and caregivers regarding proper self-care and preventing burnout.
In a time of need
The irony is that cancelling this event comes at a time when we need to support our frontline healthcare workers and caregivers more than ever. To help support this community, as best as we can amidst these uncertain times, we have compiled a list of our favourite books about Compassion Fatigue. You can order these books online, or Audible is an excellent tool for those who like listening to books.
Our favourite books:
Here is a list of our favourite books. We hope you enjoy them too.
- The Unexpected Journey of Caring: The transformation from Loved One to Caregiver. Author: Donna Thompson and Zachary White
- Effective Self Care and Resilience in Clinical Practice: Dealing with Stress, Compassion Fatigue and Burnout. Author: Sarah Parry
- Surviving Compassion Fatigue: Help for those who help others. Author: Diane Kyer
- The Conscious Caregiver: A mindful approach to caring for your loved one without losing yourself. Author: Linda Abbit
- Lying Down in the Ever-Falling Snow: Canadian Health Professionals' Experience of Compassion Fatigue. Author: Wendy Austin, Erika Goble, E.Sharon Brintnell
Our commitment to you
Our focus at this time is to remain connected and to continue to support you. We have plans in the works to create and share more resources that we hope you find helpful. Please know that Gluckstein Lawyers is here to assist you and your family during these uncertain times, and we will work to continue to support each other so we can get through this crisis together.
Subscribe to our Newsletter