03 Mar Streaking out of Compassion Fatigue Conference 2022
Strategies to Support Caregiver Well-being
Gluckstein Lawyers invites you to our COMPLIMENTARY annual Compassion Fatigue Conference on May 19, 2022, 9 AM to 11:30 AM EST.
Compassion fatigue is a workplace hazard for caregivers across service-sector industries.
Join our panelists from the Werklund School of Education, including the faculty Dean, Dr. Dianne Gereluk, the Alberta Teachers Association, and the ASEBP (Alberta School Employee Benefits Plans) in our discussion of “streaking out of compassion fatigue.”
The panelists will talk about a recent two-year study into the experience of compassion fatigue within the education sector. They will detail the strategies needed at both the organizational and individual levels to prevent and address compassion fatigue and burnout, as well as introduce the idea of “streaking” for well-being.
Date: May 19, 2022
Time: 9 AM – 11:30 AM EST
Location: Online Event
How to Register
Registration is COMPLIMENTARY. To register for this online event, please visit our conference 2022 registration page.
Gluckstein Lawyers Compassion Fatigue Conference Panel
- Dianne Gereluk, Ph.D. – Werklund School of Education (Dean)
- Astrid Kendrick, EdD – Werklund School of Education (Principal researcher, Compassion Fatigue, Burnout, and Emotional Labour research study)
- Theodora Kapoyannis, Ph.D. – Werklund School of Education (Director, Field Experience)
- Lisa Everitt, EdD – Alberta Teachers Association
- Carlyn Volume-Smith, BSc.Pharm., M.Sc., Ph.D.– Alberta School Employee Benefits Plan
For more information about the panelists, please visit our compassion fatigue conference 2022 page.
Overcoming Compassion Fatigue
Compassion has always been at the heart of what we do at Gluckstein Lawyers. This annual conference is about giving back to our community and those who work in the service-sector to care for others, whether as nurses, social workers, doctors, teachers, lawyers or family members.
We are here for you and hope you will join us on May 19, 2022 to better understand what you can do to prevent burnout.