Aside from accident benefits, how can someone deemed catastrophically injured in a motor vehicle accident fund their care?

If another person's negligence caused or contributed to your injuries, you may be able to file a tort claim for additional compensation and damages. These civil claims are important and it is possible a person with severe injuries or disabilities will exhaust their SABS benefits while still requiring attendant or other medical care.