The Best Lawyers® in Canada 2023
A Spotlight on our Nominated Lawyers
The Best Lawyers® in Canada 2023 We are very proud to announce that eleven personal injury lawyers from our firm have been nominated for The Best Lawyers® in Canada 2023! We hope you will consider showing your support for our lawyers, by participating in the voting survey because as many know, it is always important to take every opportunity to to recognize the outstanding work done by others. The survey is open to leading lawyers within the same geographical and practice area who nominate their colleagues based on professional abilities. The opinions and recommendations of our peers are what makes The Best Lawyers® in Canada so unique, as it focuses on more than just academics by also recognizing practical experience with each candidate - all to create a list tailored specifically for you! The 17th Edition is open now, and our peers will be casting their vote. We recommend checking over the Gluckstein Lawyers included this year. They are listed below, along with a snapshot of their achievements:
Medical negligenceToronto, ON
- Richard C. Halpern is a medical malpractice lawyer nominated in the category of Medical Negligence and Personal Injury Litigation. He specializes in acting exclusively for injured people in medical negligence cases, focusing on infants injured at or around the time of birth and tackling complex matters requiring extensive knowledge about medical negligence law.
- Jan Marin is a medical malpractice lawyer at Gluckstein Lawyers. She has been nominated in Medical Negligence and Personal Injury Litigation categories. With over ten years of experience working on cases related to medical malpractice & professional liability, she specializes heavily within these fields while also sitting as the co-chair of the medical malpractice section of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association (2019-2020).
Personal injury litigationBarrie, ON
- Steve Rastin is a personal injury lawyer nominated in the category of Personal Injury Litigation in Barrie, Ontario. In his 30 years of practice, Steve has been an award-winning trial lawyer whose focus is on personal injury, medical malpractice, and class action/mass tort cases. His experience includes matters before the Ontario Superior Court and Supreme Court of Canada, where he's guided clients through some difficult times with patience and expertise that's second to none.
- Derek Nicholson is an experienced lawyer nominated in the Personal Injury Litigation category in Ottawa. In the last four decades, Derek Nicholson has been one of Ottawa's most prominent Civil Trial Lawyers. He specializes in Personal Injury cases, especially those involving Catastrophic Injuries, guiding their victims through recovery by maximizing rehabilitation benefits and supporting these individuals so they can restructure lives that were forever changed due to an accident or illness.
- Bernard L. Gluckstein has been nominated in the category of Personal Injury Litigation. He is committed to advocating for personal injury victims, and his support has spanned almost six decades. Today he still provides executive & financial assistance across Ontario by way of donations to many non-profit organizations focused on disability rights, including ParaSport Ontario, an organization devoted to helping those with disabilities to live out their dreams through sport.
- Charles E. Gluckstein, the Managing Partner at Gluckstein Lawyers, has been nominated in Personal Injury Litigation. Since 2014, Best Lawyers® International has recognized him as a leader in personal injury litigation. Charles has led his practice into four strategic mergers that will afford clients an enhanced level of innovation, expertise, and experience.
- David Lackman has been a dedicated lawyer for the past 40 years, specializing in personal injury litigation. His commitment to his clients is unparalleled as he tirelessly on their behalf to achieve the results they have come to expect. Much of David's work involves complex catastrophic injuries and medical liability claims.
- Simona T. Jellinek is a sexual abuse lawyer who has dedicated her life to helping survivors of sexual trauma in their journey towards healing. She provides effective legal advice with knowledge and compassion, while being among Canada's most experienced lawyers in this important and challenging area.
- Erin Ellis Erin is an experienced, passionate advocate for sexual and physical abuse victims. With over ten years of experience, she has successfully represented traumatized clients in their pursuit of compensation from abusive teachers/coaches, relatives (including foster parents), clergy, doctors, and others. Her deep understanding allows her to work effectively with each client's unique situation, determining what is best suited for them as individuals.
- Jonathan Burton has been nominated in the category of Personal Injury Litigation. His passion is to help those in need, which drives himand fuels his legal career. He has an outstanding ability to communicate with and understand clients, while representing them effectively throughout the claim process until the results he and his clients strive for are achieved.
- Sandev Purewal is an experienced lawyer with over 15 years in the field, working on civil litigation cases involving serious personal injury and disability claims. Sandev has published papers that cover various topics within the personal injury and disability area. He has also presented at numerous forums and conferences to further lawyers' continuing legal education.
Gluckstein lawyers is committed to full-circle careOnce again, Gluckstein Lawyers is so very proud that several of our dedicated team members have been recognized for their years of hard work and dedication. It means so much hearing from people in this community because it shows how much good everyone does, which encourages us to continue providing excellent service each and every day as we move forward together into new challenges ahead. THANK YOU! To learn more about our entire Gluckstein Lawyers family please visit our website's About Us page, or drop by the Our Team page to browse our team members' biographies.
Subscribe to our Newsletter