Date: November 4, 2021
Conference: 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Live Q&A Panel: 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Cost: Registration is FREE
Schedule for the conference includes:
- 9:30 a.m.: Opening Remarks | Charles Gluckstein
- 9:35 a.m.: Causation in Birth Trauma: Patterns of Brain Injury as Proof of How and When Injury Occurred | Richard Halpern
- 10:05 a.m.: Clint Eastwood's Guide to an Effective Co-Counsel Arrangement | John McKiggan
- 10:25 a.m.: Substandard Labour & Delivery Care & Newborn Brain Injury: Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy & Autism: Dr. Barry Schifrin
- 11:05 a.m.: Panel Discussion - Causation and the Informed Client | Richard Halpern, Janet Lebeau, Brenda Agnew and Moderator Jan Marin
- 11:40 a.m.: Get the Most Out of Your Nursing Experts | Chris Rockosh
- 12:00 p.m.: Lunch
- 1:00 p.m.: Developing Your Theory of Casation with Experts in Medical Malpractice Cases | Richard Halpern
- 1:25 p.m.: SCC: The Case of Armstrong v. Ward | Jan Marin
- 1:50 p.m.: Electronic Trials Panel Discussion | Joseph Obagi, Tom Connolly, Moderator Charles E. Gluckstein
- 2:30 p.m.: Trial by iPad | Tanya Berbiero
- 2:45 p.m.: Electronic Medical Records: Looking for the Nuggets | Shelagh McGregor
- 3:15 p.m.: Strategies for Achieving Early Settlement in Medical Malpractice Cases | Jan Marin
- 3:35 p.m: Closing Remarks | Charles E. Gluckstein
- 3:45 p.m.: Live Q & A Panel - Networking Experience
McKigganJohn dedicates his practice exclusively to representing persons who have suffered an injury or loss as a result of medical malpractice, car and truck accidents (or other serious personal injury claims), and institutional liability. He has a special interest in representing survivors in civil claims for childhood sexual abuse compensation claims.
SchifrinDr. Barry Schifrin, MD obtained his B.A. in 1959 from Columbia College and his M.D. in 1963 from Chicago Medical School. He has been on the faculties of Harvard, USC and Loma Linda Medical Schools in the Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, having been certified in both Obstetrics & Gynecology and Maternal-Fetal Medicine. He is currently a consulting Obstetrician-Gynecologist at Kaiser Permanente, Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, California and Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California School, Los Angeles, California and formerly the Director of the OB/GYN Residency Program at Glendale Adventist Hospital in Glendale, California. Dr. Schifrin has been involved with fetal monitoring since its introduction into clinical practice.
RokoshChris became Canada’s first Legal Nurse Consultant and built a business based on the belief that accurate, unbiased, scientifically based medical knowledge can positively impact healthcare, law, industry and individual lives.
ObagiJoseph is certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada as a specialist in Civil Litigation. He practices primarily in the Superior Court of Justice and the Court of Appeal for Ontario. He has been involved in a number of court cases which have had a significant impact on the development of jurisprudence in the Province of Ontario. His cases have been reported widely in the Law Times, The Lawyers’ Weekly and both national and local newspapers.
Tom Connolly founded Connolly Obagi LLP with Joseph Obagi in 2008 to pursue his vision of a personal injury firm dedicated to service to clients involved in serious personal injury claims, including disability, death and medical malpractice claims.
With over 37 years of practice, Tom is known for extensive experience and strength in obtaining results for his clients. He is personally involved in every case he accepts, with the help of an outstanding team of associate lawyers, law clerks and assistants.
McGregorShelagh McGregor is a lawyer in Edmonton with the experience, skill, integrity, and commitment required to provide effective representation in civil litigation.