Caring for Children with Neurodiversities Conference
Caring for Children with Neurodiversities is a Complimentary Virtual Pediatric Conference happening on November 25, 2021 from 9:30 AM to 3 PM.
Having a child diagnosed with a disability or a child who has sustained a life-altering injury can be complex and challenging for many parents and families. Their visions of the future they thought they would have suddenly change, and they need to adapt to their new reality.
This conference aims to touch upon the different advocacy and support themes that may help provide the best care and quality of life possible for a child or youth with neurodiversities. The intent is to assist parents and caregivers by providing them with information and knowledge to help them successfully advocate health care professionals, medical staff, lawyers, educators, and the government for the resources and tools they need. Children thrive when the support system around them is thriving.
You will hear from presenters with lived experienced on topics including:
- From Surviving to Thriving: Building Resilience, presented by Fabiana Bacchini
- The Power of Recreation and Sport in the Disability Community, presented by Jeff Tiessen
- Learning to Float: Our Complex Relationships with Grief, presented by Rachel Martens
- Advocacy Strategies: Lessons Learned, presented by Jan Marin and Brenda Agnew
- Special Needs Financial Planning, presented by Geoff Zaldin
- How to Use School Meetings as an Effective Advocacy Tool, presented by Nancy Lajoie
- Community and Peer Support: Stronger Together, presented by Sara Pot Life Beyond Trauma: PTSD and Complex Care, presented by Donna Thomson
- A special bonus we will have a Live Presentation By Dr. Pradeep Merchant on Premature Birth & Difficult Diagnoses.
- After the sessions, stay for a LIVE Networking and Q & A Panel
- We will be hosting a special live virtual networking session from 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM.
Podcasts & Videos.