The 2023 Indigenous Scholarship Program
Gluckstein Lawyers is pleased to advise that our firm is preparing a scholarship program for secondary school students to assist with payment of post-secondary education in the amount of $1,000.00.
We are committed to working within our communities to promote and enable significant and equitable access for all to education and opportunity.
Our aim in offering this scholarship is to provide support to Indigenous students intending to pursue post-secondary education (college or university).
This scholarship program will be open to all Native Canadian/Indigenous students residing on the various reservations in Ontario who are presently enrolled full time in a secondary school program. There is a maximum of two (2) student applications from each school.
The candidates for this scholarship must hold Native Canadian/Indigenous Status and be a secondary school student intending to begin university/college the following academic year.
The application process to be eligible for this scholarship includes the following:
- Full time registration and attendance in a secondary school program in the 2022/2023 academic year;
- Native Canadian/Indigenous Status in accordance with the federal laws of Canada;
- Proof of age (candidates must be 21 years of age or younger);
- Copy of current academic transcripts and one year prior to application date;
- Detailed listing of extra-curricular and community activities engaged in the year of the application;
- Preparation of an essay to describe the academic future which the student wishes to engage and why the student believes that he/she should be considered for this scholarship; and
- Written reference letter from a teacher/guidance counsellor or principal of the secondary school at which the candidate attends.
The deadline to submit applications for this scholarship is March 24, 2023.
We look forward to receipt of applications from you on behalf of the students residing in your vicinity with the above requirements.
Notification of the successful candidate will be provided by way of correspondence on or before June 13, 2023.
Subscribe to our Newsletter