The Supporting the Community Scholarship 2021
Rastin Gluckstein Lawyers is excited to offer The Supporting the Community Scholarship to recognize students who have particularly creative ideas for how they can do their best to give back to their community. Many people have great ideas about making their community a better place for themselves and their neighbours. Still, not as many people seem to have a clear vision of where to start or how to accomplish real change. That is why the team at Rastin Gluckstein Lawyers wants to encourage students to think through how they could help their community and what steps they would have to take to do so.
By thinking about these steps for how to go about accomplishing one’s goals, we can better set ourselves up to succeed by establishing a road map for success. As lawyers, it is our job to help our neighbours in need. Sometimes, it can be hard to identify how actually to help people who need it the most, so we created this scholarship to help students identify how to take actionable steps towards helping their community.
Our firm is offering this $1,000 scholarship to current and prospective college or university students who can best describe their idea for improving their community and what steps they would take to accomplish this goal. Applicants must be either currently pursuing a degree at a two- to a four-year college or other post-secondary institution or planning to do so in the following semester. Applicants must also meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The scholarship is available to any current high school senior, university student or graduate student who is a legal resident of North America and is enrolled or plans to enroll in a two- to four-year post-secondary institution for the 2021 Fall Semester.
- Employees of Rastin Gluckstein Lawyers, their immediate families, and any person living in the same household of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a 75% average/B+ average/3.0 GPA or higher and be in good overall academic standing at their current high school or university.
- Applicants must submit a 750-1000 word response to the prompt: Discuss an idea that you have to give back to your community and how you would go about implementing the concept.
- Applicants must submit a resumé with their essay that lists their professional, academic, and volunteer experience. Resumés should be formatted professionally.
- Applicants must submit an official transcript from their current school. If an applicant is a transfer student or first-year student at their current school, the applicant may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, in addition to the most recent official transcript from their prior school.
- Applicants must also provide a list of community groups, service clubs, or volunteer groups in their community at which they volunteer.
The recipient of The Supporting the Community Scholarship 2021 will be chosen in October and then announced on the Rastin Gluckstein Lawyers website
Application deadline and instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must have emailed their application (including resumé, transcript, and essay) to email@example.com by September 30, 2021. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants give permission to Rastin Gluckstein Lawyers to post your essay on our law firm website by submitting an application.
While many people have great ideas for improving their communities, Rastin Law will only be selecting one winner for this scholarship. We look forward to reading through the many scholarship submissions and thank all applicants for their willingness to share their ideas with us.
Subscribe to our Newsletter