Jan received her Bachelor of Arts (Honors) in Development Studies from Huron University College at the University of Western Ontario in 2005 and her J.D. from Western’s Law School in 2009. While attending law school, Jan volunteered with the school’s Community Legal Clinic and Pro-Bono Students Canada. She also participated in an international exchange program at ESADE in Barcelona where she studied both International and European Union law.
Before joining Gluckstein Lawyers, Jan completed her articles at a prominent Personal Injury firm. She was called to the bar in June 2010.
Jan’s Personal Injury practice is focused on motor vehicle collisions, occupier’s liability, product liability and medical malpractice.
Jan is a passionate advocate for her clients and their families. When not practicing law, Jan enjoys travelling, playing soccer and volleyball.
- University of Western Ontario, Faculty of Law, London, Ontario, Canada
- Huron University College at the University of Western Ontario
- B.A. – 2005
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Development Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association, Member
- The Advocate’s Society
- Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- University of Toronto’s Health Law Advocacy Program, Mentor
- New Lawyers Division, Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, Former Co-Chair
- Women’s Caucus, Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, Current Co-Chair
- Spinal Cord Injury Ontario, Junior Board Member
- Out of the Rough Golf Tournament, St. Michael’s Hospital, Organizing Committee Member
- Spinal Cord Injury Ontario, Wheelchair Relay, Organizing Committee Member
- Volunteer with Pro-Bono Law Ontario
- Litigation Loans – Leblanc v. Doucet, OTLA Spring Conference, 2013
- Threshold Issues – AB Helping Tort, OTLA Spring Law Clerks Conference, 2012
- What is an Automobile, OTLA Fall Conference, 2011
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Research – Learning That We Have Much to Learn, The Insurance Lawyer, Vol. 1
- The Social Media Dimension of marketing and Networking, The Litigator, Summer, 2013
- Examination for Discovery of a Road Authority Representative, The Litigator, 2014
- Checklists – Don’t Leave Anything Out, OTLA Fall Conference, 2014